[pct-l] Re: Temperatures

--

I laid my watch, with thermometer, in the sun while resting  crossing the Red
Desert last summer and within a few minutes the face had gone black.  At
first I thought I fried my watch, but after a few minutes it came back to
live and it read 131*.

I don't think it was all that hot, but it was during a serious heat wave and
was about as hot as it gets.  Most of the  days during this 125 mile stretch
I drank 7 liters and probably didn't pee a pint back out.

Mid day siestas, getting up before sunrise and hiking late are the name of
the game during hot spells in the desert!

Sly