[pct-l] to sleep with or not to sleep with...

In a message dated 1/26/03 8:00:06 PM, calliger@infolane.com writes:

<< u can camp where u want in the National Forest, BLM and most NP's.
NP's clearly state where camping and no camping is allowd. (signage).

Maybe my memory fails me, but I don't recall any signed campsites in Yosemite
except for Glen Aulin.  But then, I probably only made 2 camps while going
thru
 That's another thing. It is difficult to know the various and sundry
wilderness rules when one is continuously entering them nowhere near a ranger
station while on the PCT, and given the fact that they change from year to
year, depending on the whim of the current supt. Ignorance of the law may
indeed be a legitimate excuse.