[pct-l] Re: Bear Canister thoughts

=0D
=09Seems like he wouldn't have much recourse. No probable cause, not even=
=0D
any law enforcement powers. What's wrong with my scenario?=0D
=0D
well for starters,full time permanent rangers are sworn law officers,with a=
ll the same powers as any cop on the street. how seriously they take that d=
epends on the ranger, some are more cop oriented than others. the likely sc=
enerio is instead of chasing you through the backcountry,they will radio ah=
ead with your discription , other rangers and law enforcement personell wil=
l then start looking for you on the trail and  moniter trailheads,your desc=
ription will also be sent to the towns in the area. all of these people wil=
l be searching intently  for you,as a felony arrest is always a feather in =
ones cap. thats right, it`s called eluding arrest and it`s a felony.cops ta=
ke a dim view of people  running from them and they will put a little extra=
 effort in finding you.=0D
take it from me, doing time in small town jails is always a wretched experi=
ance,and small town justice(for an outsider like you)is an oxymoron.plan on=
 staying awhile. rob

com target=3D_blank>http://www.excite.com</a></b>
The most personalized portal on the Web!</font>