[pct-l] Bear Canister thoughts

Tom, let's go back to what the Brittish chap said he thought the bear policy
was. I found that policy quite reasonable and I would be more than willing to
follow it than to sleep with my food.
 Once again, I am opposed to bear cans because bears don't fear them and
people won't use them properly.  It puts us and the rangers in a
confrontational situation, because, basically they are able to search my
belongings without a warrant. Just makes for a feeling of being violated,
just like a customs search at the border with no warrant either.
       They used to check your pack before climbing Rainier, and you had to
carry whatever they deemed necessary. Now they just have a recommended list.
Wonder why that is. Something about due cause, perhaps? Or self incrimination?
  Bears are always going to associate humans with food because of their great
sense of smell. The trick is to keep them from becoming bold and entering our
camps at will. Once this happens the only solutions are to not enter at all,
reeducate the bear, or kill the bear. I prefer reeducation and would be more
than willing to donate money to see that come about. Can't we at least try?