From: Slyatpct@aol.com [mailto:Slyatpct@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 9:18 PM
To: reynolds@ilan.com; brick@fastpack.com; pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Bear Canister thoughts

In a message dated 1/23/2003 9:48:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
reynolds@ilan.com writes:

If one wants to stealth camp in early season before the bears are active one
should simply toss their food on the ground and go hungry if a bears shows
up. Don't Bullsh!t me saying that stealth camping works. Put your food where
your mouth is.

Notice that Sly didn't have the BALLS to do that. He risked MY LIFE by
helping to train a bear to crash tents.

Tom tell you what.  Next time I go through the Sierras, I'll follow every
"rule" applicable, as I have for the last 8500 miles.   When there's no
rules I continue to make my own.

Sly