[pct-l] why do you hike?

--
In a message dated 1/24/2003 10:27:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
CMountainDave@aol.com writes:

> Actually I do see why people like golf: Time spent
> with friends in an outdoor environment.  And the challenge of getting good
> at
> it. I just prefer hiking instead

I golfed for years before I started hiking and thought it was a great game.
You have to play about three times a week or more to get any good at it.  I
think I heard one time only about 2% actually break 100 consistantly.  That
takes some, dedication, determination, and a joy for the game, much like
thru-hiking, although the thru-hiker is a rarer bird.

Sly