[pct-l] permit

--

That's exactly what I would do, Heidi.  As long as you plan to hike 500 or
more miles, the PCTA can issue you a permit with membership.  They can
include a Whitney stamp if you request it and, as far as I know, no date need
be specified.

This is based on my experience from '97, so please check with the PCTA for
up-to-date info:  <A HREF="http://www.pcta.org";>http://www.pcta.org</A>
_______