[pct-l] san jacinto report 1-20-03

we hit the devil's slide trail on Saturday 1-18-03.

The trail from Idyllwild to the PCT was nearly clear
of snow, but we picked up a snowshoe track above there
to the summit.  at the junction where the PCT leaves
the summit trail there was about 2 1/2 feet of snow, and
I had the honor (surprisingly) of breaking fresh snow
a few hundred yards downtrail, just for fun.  Nobody wants
to go down to the Fuller Ridge, I guess.  Very nice
warm day shirtsleeves and shorts all the way up !!!!

Steve