From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jeffrey J. Olson
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:13 AM
To: PCT-L@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Body Shaping/weight loss

I met a fellow heading north in 1992 that was 5'9" tall and 230 pounds when
he began the trip.  I met him just north of the Lakes District/Sierra
Buttes.  He, my girlfriend and I spent a half hour talking.  He said that he
was in transition from working for four years at a lab into med school.  He
figured this was the last time he'd have the time to do something that was
totally for him alone.  One of the things we talked about was his weight
loss.  He'd lost 40 pounds and figured he'd lose another 20 before he had to
return to the east coast.  He said his self-image had gone through some
radical changes.  He was so proud and humble at the same time.