[pct-l] websites

--
       The pct-l emails have been a good source of PCT related websites. Over
the years I have earmarked many as favorites and have filed them away and
probably have several hundred now.
       I'd like to hear about interesting websites concerning anything
PCT...people, places, resources, etc. The one below is for Seiad Valley and
includes a picture of the infamous 'pancake challenge' . It always brings me
a smile to pull up this website and be reminded how friendly we were treated
in this small town during our thru-hike.
       The building pictured holds Rick's Cafe, grocery, and PO. The RV park
(camping, showers, laundry) is maybe 50 yards away. Everything close by for
the tired hiker.
       There was a rumor on the trail grapevine that four succeeded in eating
the challenge in 2001. I doubt anyone who succeeded, or tried, hiked out of
town the same day - especially with the ~5,000 foot elevation gain.

<A HREF="http://www.sisqtel.net/~rjones/";>http://www.sisqtel.net/~rjones/</A>
Jerry