[pct-l] Trail Angel

Oh yes, the ticks.  We hiked from Wrightwood to Soledad last March and our dog
got loaded down with ticks.  I was picking them off her for ten days after.  But
we did twelve days with her last summer in Desolation wilderness and she didn't
pick up a single one.  Weird.
One day about ten years ago I was hiking the PCT above Deep Creek near Hook
creek trailhead.  I walked by a cut stump next to the trail and movement caught
my eye.  I looked close and saw a tiny tick standing on four legs on top of the
stump, waving the rest of his legs in the air, hoping to latch on to one of us.
Marion Davison  "llamalady"