[pct-l] Re: Food Carriers

Going thru Yosemite last year, a ranger stopped
me near Benson Lake and asked what type of food
container I was using (canisters are required
here). She said, "If I had to write a ticket for
every thru-hiker that didn't carry a canister, then
I'd have to write every thru-hiker a ticket". I
didn't have a canister.

This doesn't mean you won't be cited. If you don't
carry a canister, be prepared to get an expensive
ticket and don't whine about it, after all it's
your choice.

MY personal choice is to sleep with my food, I feel
it's the only real way to protect my food without
canister or bear box. I would never recommend you
do this.

Scott Parks

---
Home   : http://stillroaming.tripod.com