[pct-l] Re: First post/water cache questions

--

I just wrote a review for The Distance Hikers' Gazette (ALDHA-West) of a ne=
w software program by Ken Roberts that provides user-customizable topo maps=

Regarding section F (Mojave to Walker Pass); last summer when i went throug=
h there were three water caches. There were two at Kelso Valley Road and a =
third at Bird Spring Pass. Motolady (Mary Barcik) maintains the one at Kels=
o Pass plus the Bird spring Pass cache, and she's religious about servicing=
 them. Believe me, you'll need them!  Your water sources (north to south) a=
re: Mojave, Golden Spring, Robin Bird Spring, Kelso Valley Road caches, Bir=
d spring Pass cache, McIver's Spring and cabin, Walker Pass CG. Yellowjacke=
t Springs was only a seep accodring to Motolady's notes at each of her cach=
es and not worth the mileage and 800 foot elevation gain and loss.

Wandering Bob