From: CMountainDave@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 8:34 AM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] more rescues

Noticed on the news that 7 climbers were caught in a storm on Mt. Hood, but
everything turned out okay.
  I had to wonder why they were climbing when the forecast was for rapidly
deteriorating weather, the satellite pictures were obvious and it's January=
.
And then it struck me -- same old
only-got-time-to-do-it-on-the-weekend-so-lets-just-hope-for-good-weather
syndrome. Ah the advantages of being self employed -- one CAN wait for good
weather.