[pct-l] re:How did you get your trail name?

Not much of a story I'm afraid.

Having a last name that tends to trip up many people,
my family has long had the nick name of Mags.  Friends
call me "Paul Mags" (or worse..Paulie Mags..I grew up
in the Northeast afterall. Makes me sound like an
extra from the "Sopranos" but I digress.)

My grandfather was called Dom(enic) Mags, Dad is
called Steve Mags and my while my youngest brother's
drill instructor did not call him Mags (true story:
during mail call, my brother was "Steve
whateverthehellyourlastnameis"), his squad mates and
his fellow paramedics at the fire dept where he works
call him Mags.

So, being called Mags on a trail seems appropriate.
Sure, on the AT I was dubbed Magaroni..but it was
shortened to Mags anyway!  Yeah..I like the
trail/family nick name. Has been around for a while
now. Plan on keeping it!

=====