[pct-l] Tents

From: "Bob Bankhead" <wandering_bob@msn.com>

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/
> 3.  Dancing Light Gear   http://www.trailquest.net/store.html#tarps - look
at the Tacoma Solo and -
> for Two Tarps and Shelters. They also have plain tarps. I carried a Tacoma
Tarp for 625 miles on
> the PCT this summer; really great for one and gear; 19 oz complete (using
my trekking poles).

*sigh*
Perhaps I should have added "not a tarp" to my specifications, but I thought
that

- freestanding
Would imply "tent" not "tarp".

- 5 pounds or less
Would imply that I've considered all my options, decided to take the extra
weight of a tent, and decided that 5lbs was the maximum weight I'd accept
for my tent.

- aluminum poles
- bathtub floor
Would again make a hint that I want a tent, not a tarp.

- preferably with a clear window in the fly
- $200 or less, though for the perfect tent I may go a bit higher.
And two more things that the tent I was looking for has, and that I'd like
any tent I got instead to have.

So, the revised list of specs is:
- freestanding
- not a tarp
- 5 pounds or less
- aluminum poles
- bathtub floor
- tent
- preferably with a clear window in the fly
- $200 or less, though for the perfect tent I may go a bit higher.

Any suggestions for tent models are welcome...

Thanks,

Gray