[pct-l] When to leave KM / Sierra snow

If I were going again, I'd still plan on Jardines June 15.  It worked
perfectly for me, getting to many places just a few days after the snow was
gone. The only significant snow was to Muir Pass, north side, and it was
quite passable due to well established steps in the snow.
In a normal snow year (snow depth 80 to 120% of average in the last half of
April) I think a good strategy would be to get to KM about June 8 and check
out the grapevine or any other trail info there. If good go for it. If bad,
leave June 15 as recommended and be refreshed and ready to go. High snow
year? Listen to Mr. Berra and consider a flip flop.  Low snow year? KM June
1. Snow usually melts 3 to 4 inches a day in June with all that daylight, so
an accurate trail grapevine estimating the snow depth as close as possible is
helpful for calculating melt out. What would REALLY help if for a local trail
angels to go check it out once a week on foot or with an airplane. But maybe
that would take too much of the adventure away. I kind of like guessing. One
could make a game of it, using info ranging from "good vibes" to customized
satellite imagery that can tell if individual campsites are snow free (and
EXACTLY where the bad bears are) to decide when to start.