[pct-l] Amigo's story

Amigo, you have this knack for telling stories.  It's like I can hear you
laugh and see you smile when I read what you've written.  Keep 'em coming!!!

I've heard this story before.  Your dad told it to me and Cupcake when we
were lucky enough to spend the evening with your parents.  If you only could
have seen the gleem in your dad's eyes when he talked about you!  It's a
good story, and most of us understand that it wasn't simply about the
numbers.

You know how all the other people on the trail (other people = not
thru-hikers) would tell us that we're going too fast and covering too many
miles in a day to really see anything?  to really enjoy the trip?  and we
never really could make them understand?  Well, your 100-mile day (hee hee)
is the answer.  Look at what you experienced in one hiking day.  Way more
than someone who spent the day sitting by a lake.  We get to see so much
more, because we're covering so much more ground.  WE'RE the lucky ones.

I think my longest day was 36-37.  I broke my foot that day and my trip
ended 2 months later.

yogi