[pct-l] Russell Creek

Brrrr!  Haven't been on this part of the PCT - thanks for the awesome video
clip!  And the advice that you simply needed a "big stick" to help you get
across.  Back in '82 when my husband & I did the JMT, I spent too many
minutes re-reading the guidebook section about the crossing of Silver Creek,
with its "fatally high cascade."  When we finally got to it, it WAS
impressive, but not a difficult cross at that time (mid-August, after a
medium-high snow year).  But my foot slipped mid-stream, and I let out a
yell that I'm sure harassed all the wildlife in range.  I was fine - it was
mostly the apprehension I'd built up the previous two months.  Even so,
looking down a slick granite chute is a bit challenging!  Russell Creek,
with all that glacial detritus evident in the video, must be at least as
intimidating.    It's nice to see a bit of it.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold