[pct-l] Dowse the Flames. Hike and Share your stories.

Amigo:

Thanks for a great finish to a couple days of bizarre messages on PCT-L.
Your sentiments about keeping the peace are right on.

> make it to Timberline Lodge, making his day a 27 mile
> one and mine a 54.1 if I were to join him.  I couldn't
> believe I was attempting to break Strider's record.  I

For this, my friend, I have only two words:  IN SANE!    :-)

I just checked my journal from '77. We took _three days_ to go from Olallie
to Timberline. Of course, we weren't getting up at three-stinkin'-thirty. We
usually hit the trail by about 9:00. And that stretch of trail had some of
the best huckleberries in all of Oregon, which really slowed us down. Yeah,
that's it. If it wasn't for those berries, we probably would've made 40-50
miles. Not.

Keep on rockin' buddy.

Cheers,
Kelty Kid Carl