[pct-l] First post/water cache questions

--
Howdy, Dave, from your neighbors in Agua Dulce, Jeff & Donna Saufley.  We'r=
e hiker hosts in this section of the trail, and are committed to the mainte=

You are in good company in this section. There's Joe and Terri Anderson, ho=
sts at Casa de Luna in Green Valley maintain several caches in the area (I'=
ve copied them on this message to introduce you).  The Three Points Roadhou=
se has also been extremely kind and hosted/refreshed hikers along the way. =
 Happily, a very nice couple purchased Jack Fair's place (sorry but their n=
ames are stored with the hiker stuff in the guest house). These folks are p=
roviding water at 138, and have even created a bunkhouse.There is also a tr=
uly wonderful lady, Mary Barcik of Weldon,  that leaves caches in some brut=
al sections of the northern Mojave, past Tehachapi.  In addition to all thi=
s, there has been spontaneous angeling by a variety of blessed souls who wi=
ll set up veritable smorgasbords which completely blow the minds of unsuspe=
cting hikers.  Miracles really do happen out there. but you can't count on =
the pesky things.

Water sources can go quickly dry in these parts, as you probably know.  Wat=
er caches can be empty.  When it comes to water in these parts, MORE is def=
initely better!  However, you'll want to see where your efforts will make t=
he most sense.  The area right where you are (Three Points) generally has w=
ater available.  The most difficult area comes after crossing the Mojave fl=
oor, climbing toward Walker Pass.  Of course, this is a harder area to get =
water to.

It's wonderful having a new kindred spirit step up to support the hikers. I=
 always say that we know we have new friends arriving via the PCT, because =
even before we've met them, we know that they are friends.  Please give us =
a call if you have any questions, 661.268.1235 (that goes for any hikers ou=
t there too).

-=3DJeff & Donna Saufley=3D-

P.S.  Our website is under construction, but make note of www.hikerheaven.c=
om .  We'll have the reports and what we hope is salient information posted=
 there, as soon as I have time to sit down and learn my web page building s=
oftware.