[pct-l] Money

My thru hike was primarily with an ATM card, which I
used to get cash $100 at a time.  It goes fast.  Note
that not every trail town had an ATM.  The PCT Town
Guide did help a little in this regard.  I also had a
credit card, with help from someone at home to pay the
bills on time.  I used the two cards about equally.  I
would not carry traveler's checks due to bulk, the
constant need to keep them safe and dry, etc.

And besides, as we see in many American Express
travelers cheque commercials with Karl Malden, if you
carry them someone is sure to steal them.

Larry H