[pct-l] Alcohol Brands

--
 Here's a big tip.  Don't buy Sunnyside brand Alcohol! I am totally spoiled
with " Heet" gas tank dryer. ( You get such a nice pretty blue flame) I had
run out of heet doing some mid-winter testing and had to buy Denatured
Alcohol. This Sunnyside brand when poured in a clear soda bottle looked
milkly and burned with much yellow flame and left alittle soot. This was
menthol alcohol and not the awfull iso-alcohol either! Marine alcohol is
decent but Heet works great.
     Three weeks to the PCT annual meeting!! Make your reservations before
Jan.23th..... It's in Seattle this year. Eat dinner with Climbing Legend "
Jim Whitaker" ( First American up Everest in 1963)  By the way, his favorite
stove was an Optimus 00 Kerosene burner . He used an REI Cruiser Pack to the
top of Everest. Even in the late 70'd, it was rare to see anything but an
External frame pack on Mountains or Trails.