[pct-l] Pacific Crest CD-ROM

--

Funny you should ask!  I ordered that a week ago, and just got it last nigh=
t.  I got the printless version, but I imagine you could, with not too much=
 trouble, printscreen to the clipboard any topo maps you want, and overlay =
the overlapping edges.  In any case, I tried it out for a while last night,=
 and was pretty impressed.  Not all the sections have the 1:24000 detail, b=
ut it appeared that most of them did.

There are a bunch of panorama photos, which you can scroll to see all of.  =
There are also hundreds of regular photos, ordered by the direction you'd e=
ncounter them on a northbound hike.  The topo feature is intuitive and simp=
le.  There's textual information about each trail segment, too, I believe, =
but I didn't investigate that too closely.

It was well worth the $14.00 I paid.

Christopher Van Loon
Moderator, Home Grown Tomatoes Forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/homegr=
owntomato/start