From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of johnsmallberries
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 12:50 PM
To: pcta
Subject: [pct-l] Northeast trekking versus west trekking: An observation

--
I am a relative newbie to this list, but not a newbie to mountaineering. I
have been doing all iterations of the sport-adventure for 40 years. My
observations of the discussions are many, but I will only address the issues
which are important to safety, enjoying the experience and challenge, weight
management of pack and asides on equipment.