[pct-l] To pay or not to pay

The key to all this is TANSTAAFL. "There ain't no such thing as a free
lunch"

The point is NOT that someone cannot obtain a free lunch. The point is
SOMEONE has to PAY for it. If it is not the receipient then it is someone
else.

In this case WHO pays the 400 grand?

On this list the common answer is "They". "They should"; "They ought" etc.
etc. The problem is that there ain't no they. It is always "WE" meaning the
government; the taxpayer.

"We own the public land. We get to use it free. They should maintain it.
They should clean up the mess that others make [not me, I never make a
mess]. If someone is in trouble they should rescue them. [No me, I never get
in trouble. I never get stuck on a slope and require a rescue. I never fall
and get hurt requiring a search]]. This is all my right as an American -- to
use my land for FREE" "They" pay, not "ME".

Well guess what? I don't want to pay. I made my money fair and square. It's
mine. I made more than my share because I took a big risk with my money and
worked my a$$ off with no guarantee of getting paid in the hope that my
investment would lead to a big return --- and it did.

Hey man, I once provided employment to 70 people. I paid them on time before
my customer paid me. They ALL knew and agreed to their wages before I hired
them. My customer once owed me a million bucks; money that I had already
paid out as wages to my people. You got those balls? I did!

That's why I made my money. I took the risk. it is MINE! I will give it away
if I choose, and I have, but I object to having it TAKEN from me.

So tell me why I shouldn't require all thruhikers to obtain rescue
insurance? Tell me why I souuldn't charge $3 per day access fee to the PCT?
Why should I be forced to pay --- for you to take a 6 month vacation from
society?.

TOM

Tom