[pct-l] Drift Boxes

The main reason why I carried a drift box is that I
broke up sections of my guide book and pulled them out
accordingly. I also used slide film and pre-paid
mailers, both of which are not easy to come by on the
trail to say the least! (g)

As has been said previously, I do not have a support
crew at home that would be able to send out the
packages on a timely basis. It would not be fair of me
to expect them to mail out packages, take up room in
their homes, etc. when my friends have busy lives of
their own.

A drift box, for me anyway, allowed me to have an
almost 100% self-supported hike. THe only thing my
friends mailed me were the ice axe to Kennedy Meadows.
They also mailed me some surprise goodie packages at
various points. Other than that, took care of my
supplies on my own. Not good or bad..but it was what
worked for me.

=====