[pct-l] section A in January

I see that Brick already answered your question, and he did give a
fairly accurate description of the problems awaiting IF a storm comes
in.

I'll put a bit of different spin on it.  I did Section A in sections
during the winter.  I did the following:
Campo to Lake Morena in Oct,
Lake Morena to Cibbets Flats Nov,
Cibbits to Pioneer Mail on Dec
Pioneer Mail to Scissors Crossing in Dec

I did run into some snow with the Pioneer Mail to Scissors Crossing, but
nothing unreasonable.  Water during the winter is the same as summer,
Not flowing.  The temperatures can very considerable, so you have to be
prepared on both extremes.  When I did my Campo to Lake Morena it was
record breaking heat, and you already now about the snow.

As far as places to stay, Lake Morena is open, Boulder Oaks is open,
Cibbets is open, Desert View is NOT open during the winter.

Good Luck,
Enjoy
Ben Holmes
http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com