[pct-l] oakridge oregon resupply

--

I attempting a resupply out of Oakridge this summer on the PCT.  As I am a =
strong believer in hitch-hiking and buying as you go instead of lamely buyi=
ng all your food before your trip and mailing it to all the suggested town =
stops along the trail, and later pondering why you were treated like scum i=
n town while not realizing that you have robbed these quaint little towns o=
f much needed income by buying all your beef jerky at Walmart back home in =
New York City and paying the US Govt to ship it to you at Ollalie Lake Reso=
rt instead of buying it there for 58 cents more, etc.....
Oh wait, I got a tad off subject. Anyways, hitched into Oakridge no problem=
.  Oakridge is nice and compact, with a big supermarket, pizza shop, hotel,=
 laundry etc.  Problem for me was that a forest fire had forced the town to=
 turn off the electricity, and therefore all the stores were shut.  I hitch=
ed a ride back to Shelter Cove Resort, which has showers, laundry, etc, and=
 was able to supply out of there for around $20 with plenty of food to take=
 me to the next stop.
Happy JO
 robert <hikerrob@excite.com> wrote:

--
can anyone tell me whats in oakridge oregon? im wondering mostly about,supe=
rmarkets and launderymats. going through oregon this summer i resupplied at=