[pct-l] (Guest Post) missing Sierra ranger found

At 11:00 AM 12/11/02, you wrote:
>  Randy Morgenson, 54, was last heard from on July 20, 1996,

I shared a camp with Randy almost exactly a year before he disappeared.
1995 was a very heavy snow year, and I saw less than a dozen people between
Kennedy Meadows, and Red Meadows.

He was out on patrol, away from his Cabin near the Bishop Pass
intersection. I was walking down Palisades Creek around dark, and came upon
his fire, and asked if I could join him. Since neither one of us had seen a
person for quite a while, we shared quite a lively two person camp. One of
the few times in the Sierra I was not in my bag at dark.

I learned a lot talking to him, and I was deeply saddened the next year,
when he turned up missing. I received a couple of emails asking folks to
look out for him if they were hiking in the area.

I had not heard that his body was found. Thanks for posting the article.

--
Brick Robbins

All that is gold does not glitter,
not all those who wander, are lost....