[pct-l] Blister prevention

In a message dated 11/14/02 6:25:20 PM, allangrey@hotmail.com writes:

<< My heavy pack experience was based with the Marines and if you have
'hypermobile" feet or flat feet they don't keep you in. So.. >>

During my pre Navy induction physical, I was singled out because I had flat
feet (EEE) I almost was rejected because of them. But they gave me no problem
whatsoever on my thru hike. I think flat feet distribute your weight over the
entire foot instead of just part like those with high arches. And there's no
arch to worry about!  I would think that those with high arches and narrow
feet would be more prone to problems hiking 20 miles a day for weeks on end.
Just a theory on my part.