[pct-l] Longest Trails

The North Country trail is about 40% or so complete and will eventually
run from eastern New York to central North Dakota (south?).  Projected
length is on the order of 4200 miles.  The TCT is, I
presume, the Trans Canada trail.  I don't think it is ever to be
completed, but it is projected at being in the neighborhood of 6000 miles
and is to run from coast to coast through Canada.
The CDT is the Continental Divide trail and is about, I think 70%
complete.  Official projected length is something on the order of 3100
miles.  Since non of these trails are complete, actual mileage on a thru
hike varies.

Chris

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Tim Reid wrote:

> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
> Ok, I haven't a clue -- where are the "North Country, TCT, and CDT"?
> Anacronyms are great once you know them. Anyone care to share? Thanks!!
> >From: Matt Geis
> >To: Trevor Lind , PCT-L@mailman.backcountry.net
> >Subject: Re: [pct-l] Longest Trails
> >Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:13:52 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >The North Country, TCT, and CDT are all longer than
> >the PCT (completed trail length estimates).
> >

> >--- Trevor Lind wrote:
> > > [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
> > >
> > > Anybody have a list of the longest trails and marine
> > > trails in the world? PCT
> > > is number 3 I understand, right? TCT will be number
> > > 1.
> > >
> > > Trevor,
> > >
> > > a Caveman 1980 B.C.

Christopher Willett