[pct-l] domination worked for me!

I have literally seen hundreds of bears over a 30 + year hiking career. Never
has a bear gotten my food. Must be doing something right. The boldest bear I
ever encountered was a sage old cinnamon black bear just north of Glen Aulin.
He actually sneaked up behind me and was within 10 feet of me before I
noticed him-- I was setting up my tent and my camp was still quite
disorganized. It wasn't easy, but I was able to persuade him to leave by
letting him know in no uncertain terms that I would bash his skull in with a
tree limb if he attempted to get my food (By God if THEY can bluff, then so
can I. Of course I would never actually harm a bear - I just wanted him to
believe that I would). Then I put my food in the tent and fell asleep within
ten minutes because I knew beyond a doubt that he wouldn't be back. Why?
Because I totally dominated him (I initiated, he responded, NOT the other way
around) and he knew better than to mess with me. He KNEW who the boss was. I
got his respect by defending MY food just like he would protect HIS food. So
he tried some other sucker (and succeeded I later found out) who opposed him
in some wishy washy, pot banging sort of way. (He hung his food). This bear
was definitely a candidate for "reeducation" because he was quite used to
entering a camp. Dog him!!