From: "Bob Bankhead" <wandering_bob@msn.com>
To: "PCT List Forum" <PCT-L@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 4:33 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Long Distance foot Problems

--
I finished 625 miles of the PCT (T. Mdws to Castella) in Sept. I too have
been experiencing numbness in both of my feet as well as the after-hike
appearance of sciatica and intermittent tendon pain. I had the numbness but
no pain during the hike.

I had new boots for the trek, but (1) hiked 2 miles per day in them every
day for 2 months before the hike so they were well broken in and (2) wore a
custom orthotic in one boot due to an earlier hiking injury that had long
ago healed and disappeared.

Got a visit with my doctor next week. guess at 60, I'm just getting old.

Wandering Bob