[pct-l] Black Diamond Poles

--
I must agree with Marge on Black Diamond Poles. They may not be the lightest
out there , but the flip-lock is very durable! I used mine 700 miles, then
lent them to Chicago Dave who did the PCT in 2001. The bottom part of poles
were toast , but Dave sent them back to the factory who replaced the bottoms
and the baskets for no charge. This year a put another 300 miles on them and
they still work like a swiss watch. ( For these flick-locks to hold up to a
aging 240 lb. overweight ground pounder says much!) I have seen several of
the " Twist and Lock" fail over the last few years to either hold their
position or unlock to change their position) Anyway , Black Diamond makes a
good pole for a reasonable price! ( I paid 45.00 for mine in 2000)