[pct-l] 25 Years Later

I recently arrived home after finishing the CDT on September 14.
The entire trek was a great experience and I know this is a little
off topic, but I wanted to share this one cool moment.

Hiking the CDT in many sections is so remote and the only other
people that you see are the friends that your hiking with. Well, one
day in one of those lonely sections we see a lone hiker walking
towards us, smiles and excitement is how we react to this almost
never accruing thing of seeing someone else on the trail. WOW,
we can talk to someone and get some info. on the trail ahead of us.

We tell our new found CDT  hiker what we're hiking the entire
CDT and that most of us in our small group met hiking the PCT in 2000.
I usually don't mention that I first hiked the PCT in '77 (seems so ancient)
But my friend Chris blurts out that I hike the PCT in '77. This guy tell us
he
hiked the PCT in '77 also and asks my name and I tell him, he tells me his
name and then I remember him, we hiked together in '77 through the Sierras.
It's so unbelievable that I cross paths with someone I hiked with for a week
in the Sierras on my PCT hike 25 years ago.
Just one of many magical moments hiking the CDT.

Jeff Z.