[pct-l] Re: 9-11 thoughts

>>How fortunate we are that in our mountains we can afford to worry about
low and noisy aircraft, pesky wilderness rangers enforcing bear can rules,
or suicidal black flies.<<

Right, but let's not rest on our laurels, either. Low flying aircraft and
hypervigilant rangers (e.g.) are an imposition upon the wilderness same as
anything.

But hey, says the Bush administration. This is "wartime." No time for a
romantic view of wilderness. Why, we're lucky for what we have here in
America. Could be a lot worse. Now please allow us to degrade your
wildlands, just a little?

- blisterfree

"We can have wilderness without freedom; we can have wilderness without
human life at all, but we cannot have freedom without wilderness, we cannot
have freedom without leagues of open space beyond the cities, where boys and
girls, men and women, can live at least part of their lives under no control
but their own desires and abilities, free from any and all direct
administration by their fellow men."  - Ed Abbey