[pct-l] Drinking Regime

In a message dated 9/14/02 10:43:08 AM, Hiker97@aol.com writes:

<< Also, since I snack
continually to keep blood sugar levels adequate, I need to drink regularly
too.  Happy trails, Switchback >>

We were told (and it was news to me) by Grand Canyon rangers that it was very
important to eat if you drank a lot of water. They said people have died
mistakingly thinking that downing copious amounts of water to keep hydrated
was all that was necessary for hot hiking. Apparently overdiluting your
electrolytes is a bad thing. They suggested lots of salty food to replace the
salt lost through sweating