[pct-l] Fw: PCT history, etc

--

----- Original Message -----
From: JoAnn M Michael
To: acs@humboldt.k12.ca.us
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 10:41 AM
Subject: PCT history, etc

Hello Amber,

Sounds as though you might be a college student out of Humboldt State?  I l=
ive close to I-5 by Mt.Shasta so we are not that far away from each other.

You might want to purchase the book THE PACIFIC CREST TRAIL VOLUME 1: Calif=
ornia.  Four authors: Jeffrey P. Schaffer, Ben Schifrin, Thomas Winnett and=
 Ruby Johnson Jenkins. Berkeley Press.  I am almost positive they put out a=
 brand new edition this year. I have the 5th edition (1995).  It will have =
virtually all the information you'll need. Plus, it is considered the "bibl=
e" of the trail. Virtually no one hikes the PCT (for any major distance) wi=
thout consulting and usually carrying (only the pages they need) "the guide=
 book", as it is referred to.

I highly recommend you contact the PCT Association web site for more inform=
ation. If you still need more, contact me personally and I'll check my own =
personal resources.

Good luck; take care; and may we all always know Peace and Freedom. Never f=
orget 9-11.

JoAnn Michael, jomike@snowcrest.net
Regional Coordinator, Northern CA,
Pacific Crest Trail Association (pcta.org)