From: Tom Griffin [mailto:griffin@u.washington.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:30 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: light tents - stephenson is pricey, anyone used
golite

Gotta agree with dude. I looked at Stephenson but was deterred by the price,
so I got a Clip Flashlight instead. Since I live in the Pacific NW, a tent
with a rain fly is a necessity IMHO. On my Goat Rocks trip last week, the
tent did exactly what it was supposed to--shelter two middle-aged males from
bugs, wind, and rain while keeping us relatively warm--at a weight of about
four pounds. It WAS a tight fit, however. Maybe I need to invite a slimmer
hiking partner next time...

Tom Griffin
Seattle, WA
PCT Section Hike--Harts Pass to Canada