[pct-l] Lightweight Backpacking--I'm a Believer

--
Tom - congrats on discovering something that you like!  As far as the
food goes, my experience is that you really have to view food as

It takes getting used to.  The last ultralight hike that I planned
with some friends illustrated the point:  We had just finished hiking
about 14 miles before lunch and all my friends were saying all
morning long how great the ultralight philosophy was because we could
cover so much distance so effortlessly.  But then when we had lunch
(tuna and crackers), my buddy says "Wait a minute... Let me get this
straight.  I hike 14 miles before noon and the only food i get are
these six crackers and some damn tuna!!!???"   Like I said, it can be
a let down if you are looking forward to a big reward at the end of a
day's hike, but once you get used to it and just accept that the
rewards will only be at the drops or at the end, then it works out
fine.

Good luck!

peace,
dude