[pct-l] Goat Rocks in Sept.

Yea, but in 2000, the short section below Old Snowy was
really treacherous - no way around. Icy in the morning
and steep. Only place I would have liked to have had an
ice axe. A sharp rock was substituted.

In other years, I have been able to go around the
section. Had I been thinking, I would have gone up to
the ridge and walked down on rock.

Still wouldn't take an ice axe, though. An absolutely
beautiful, exciting section of the trail. Do it in good
weather.
--
Marshall Karon
Portland, OR