[pct-l] CA Section A burning

--
I'd doubt anyone's hiking California Section A now in this heat, but it's g=
oing to be sad next year as most of it is burning up in the Pines fire. Sta=
rted on July 29, so far the fire has caused evacuations of parts of Mt. Lag=
una, the hill just east of Julian, Banner, Ranchita, Warner Springs, and Bo=
rrego Springs. Areas of the trail that are affected (I can't say these have=
 or have not burned):

Cottonwood Canyon (below Pioneer Mail Picnic Area) A8
Near Sunrise Highway and Lucky 5 Ranch A9
Mason Valley Truck Trail A10
Rodriguez Canyon A10
San Felipe Hills above the Highway Maintenance Station A13
Hoover Canyon A13 (One mile east of the PCT and Barrel Springs)

Unknowns:
I don't think the fire burned at Scissors Crossing A11
I don't know how far south in the San Felipe Hills in A12 it's burned, but =
I've heard it did reach east into Grapevine Canyon.
I don't know if Barrel Springs A13 was burned, guess it probably did, but s=
ure hope not.

The fire has burned on both sides of San Felipe Valley Road (Highway S2) an=
d both sides of Highway S22.

The fire is currently burning on both sides of S22 and heading north into L=
os Coyotes Indian Reservation near Warner Springs and east towards Borrego =
Springs.

Pray for rain.

AsABat