[pct-l] 1977 Thruhike disqualified. Go back and do it again.

I donno. I've used external frame packs with the size of load you are
talking about with straps at less than a 45 and now an internal with
straps at a 45 find about equal carrying capacity at a medium heavy
load like 75+ (up to maybe 85 or 90). If I was carrying a  heavy load
now and carrying it any distance I'd want to use a good custom pack
frame, probably something along the3 lines of a packboard,  anyway
with the load properly distributed and lashed which you really can't
do with these commercial packs. Then I would be worrying about the
angle of the straps and want the angle custom fit to my body. I would
certainly want space between the upper part of the straps. Curious to
know what a yoke suspen is since a yoke is quite diferant in design
from a backpack suspenstion.