[pct-l] global warming???

How about dead tree harvesting. The forests could be scanned each year for
dying, dead or disease infested or windfall  trees and replaced with other
trees. This gets rid of a tree that is no longer absorbing CO2 and makes room
for one that does. And 2 events that would increase CO2 are eliminated: Its
potential burning and its definite decay. Could be used to meet Kyoto accord
parameters, don't you think? Every dead tree snatched from the forest and
replaced with a live one = x pounds of co2 reduction
  I think we should get extra credit here in the Pacific Northwest. We do
more than our share to reduce global warming with our preponderance of cloudy
days, while the weather in S. Cal and Arizona just keeps trying to warm
things up