[pct-l] 2002 CDT Hike

This year several people that hiked the PCT in 2000 are
heading off to hike the Continental Divide trail this year.
When some of my friends that I hiked with on the PCT
started to plan for a CDT hike in 2002 I just couldn't resist
joining them. So after attending the kick off we will be on
your way to New Mexico.

Coming back to this years kick off, I'm reminded of all the
great times I had in 2000. I often think of that last night on
the PCT, it was perfect for September. There were six of us,
we all slept out under the stars that night. the only problem
for me was and a few others too, I just couldn't get to sleep.
I think the last time I felt like that when I was ten years old
and it was Christmas Eve.

So now it's 3:00 AM and nobody is sleeping so we decide to
get up and start hiking (flashlights for the first couple of hours
of course). We make it to Monument 78 around 9:00 where
our personal Washington Trail Angel (Monte Dodge) is waiting
with several bottles of Champagne, it's the perfect ending.
Oh no, there's 8 more miles to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff