[pct-l] Is Pocketmail "semi obscure?" -- was: New On-Trail List?

Brick,

I aplogize if I am not making myself clear. My point
was  how many hikers use any device to actually check
e-mail. That may be a better question to ask rather
than how many people use Pocketmail to check their
e-mail.

Taking a sample of this list would probably not be a
valid sample for statistical purposes.

So to avoid a long, protracted and boring flame war, I
will just humbly say that I honestly believe that most
hikers will not be accessing e-mail through any
device, and by extension e-mail based announement of
trail conditions.

Not criticizing the plan, not making comments about
technology in the backcountry, not saying what is the
prefered method of accessing e-mail while in town,
just being my usual practical minded self and asking
how many people will use e-mail to check trail
conditions (or even e-mail at all). Not how many
hikers use pocket mail to check e-mail.

Well that is my last e-mail on the issue. I promise.
:-)

=====