[pct-l] Re: New On-Trail List?

At 11:37 AM 4/11/02, Paul Magnanti wrote:
>How accesible are comptuers on the trail? Obviously a
>town library might have a web hookup, but I am more
>interested in doing laundry, showering,  and eating
>ice cream than going to web hookup.

This is email, not web all you need is a payphone.
Have you not heard of "pocketmail?"
http://www.pocketmail.com/

I'm not sure of the "intrusive in the backdcountry" arguments against this
form of communication to get trail conditions.

It is really no different than calling the PCTA trail conditions and taking
notes, and using the Post office to send and receive letters from home.
Just faster and easier. The pad of paper that I used to keep my logs was
pretty heavy....

--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com