[pct-l] Cabezon

Bighummel@aol.com wrote:

> I've got to side with Monte on this one.
>
> Yes, Cabazon is a nightmare compared to Idylwild, <snip>The people are rough,
> but look
> them in the eye and they will smile back.  They know what you are doing, they
> admire you and believe you to be foolish at the same time.
>
> Go for the whole spectrum of colors that you will encounter along the trail,
> Cabazon is at one end of this spectrum.

Sitting here grinning, trying to envision the poor Cabazonians as a couple of
hundred hikers blast through their metropolis in the month of May....In
Idyllwild, the hikers are income, in Cabazone they're entertainment.

I suppose that its fortunate that no one has rumored that a stop in Cabazon
during a thru hike will guarantee <fill in the blank>

Eckert