[pct-l] san diego area hiking / coexisting with bikes

>>Since the Nobel Canyon Trail is the most popular downhill
>>mountain bike route in San Diego County

Last time I hiked that trail it was crawling with bikers and hikers. All the
bikers were very considerate - except for one young man who took thrills in
racing past us, sitting beside the trail for us to walk past, then racing
past us again. I politely reminded him that if he wanted to keep the trail
open to mountain bikes in the future, he should be considerate and follow
the rules. He replied somewhat snottily, finally claiming his brakes didn't
work. I replied that he was therefore violating the law (probably?) and that
my hiking stick into his front spokes would work well the next time he
passed me. His attitude changed real quick to "yes, sir" and "no, sir,"
suddenly rambling on about how beautiful the area was, and, surprisingly,
his brakes miraculously started working again.

AsABat